Imagine a world without the most successful folk-rock duo of the 1960s, Simon & Garfunkel. The pair’s powerful tunes have been known to bring audiences to tears, and now, a similar experience has been reborn with The Simon & Garfunkel Story heading to Australian theatres this August.
Following sold-out performances in London’s West End, a worldwide tour, and standing ovations at every performance, The Simon & Garfunkel Story will wow ten cities with the fascinating tale of how two youngins from Queens, New York went on to become musical legends.
The show takes you through all the songs and stories that shaped Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, starting from their humble beginnings as 50s rock ‘n’ roll band, Tom & Jerry, to their dramatic split, and individual solo careers, ending with an inspiring recreation of the iconic 1981 Central Park reunion concert.
The performance is accompanied by 1960s photographs and film footage of the duo, as well as a full band performing all their hits including Mrs Robinson’, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Homeward Bound, Scarborough Fair, The Boxer, and The Sound Of Silence, to name a few of their moving hits.
The Simon & Garfunkel Story is currently the biggest and the most successful theatre show, with thanks to UK performers William Sharp as Paul Simon, and Oliver Cave as Art Garfunkel – a huge feat for two recent college graduates.
William (of the London College of Music) and Oliver (of the Royal Academy Of Music) have been touring across the UK and Europe in their respective roles, joined by Leon Camfield on bass, Will Tuckwell on electric guitar and keyboards, and Mat Swales on the drums.
Australian Tour Dates:
- Adelaide, Her Majesty’s Theatre – Wednesday 2 August
- Mandurah, Boardwalk Theare MPAC – Saturday 5 August
- Perth, Perth Concert Hall – Sunday 6 August
- Melbourne, Hamer Hall – Tuesday 8 August
- Brisbane, QPAC – Wednesday 9 August
- Sydney, Enmore Theatre – Wednesday 16 August
- Parramatta, Riverside Theatre – Saturday 19 August
- Wollongong, Anita’s Theatre – Sunday 20 August
- Chatswood, The Concourse – Wednesday 21 August
- Newcastle, Civic Centre – Thursday 24 August
- Canberra, Canberra Theatre – Friday 25 August
- Geelong, Geelong Arts Centre – Saturday 26 August
Tickets to The Simon & Garfunkel Story go on sale from Friday 19 May.
All images supplied.