Perth truly is a treasure trove of hidden gems when it comes to vegan options – from restaurants and cafés, to bars and everything in between. There’s new spots popping up all over the place, but do they outweigh the comfortability and familiarity of the old faithfuls?
It’s hard to know where to go at times, especially if you’re new to the vegan scene, so we asked the vegans of Perth, “If you could only eat at one Perth restaurant for the rest of your life, which would it be?” And here are the 22 answers we received, in no particular order.
1. Healthy Thai Vegan & Vegetarian Cuisine – East Victoria Park
2. Formosa – East Perth and Kardinya
3. Little Beans Gourmet – Canning Vale
4. Jarrah Bar and Cafe – Hillarys
5. Ramen Ichiraku – Perth
6. Mother – Fremantle
7. Vego Delish – Lathlain
8. Wildflower – Perth
9. Tosaka Ramen Bar – Northbridge
10. The Leaf Indian Restaurant – Leederville
11. The Seasonal Brewing Co. – Maylands
12. Hong Kong BBQ House – Northbridge
13. Little China Girl – Northbridge
14. La Cholita – Northbridge
15. Chakra Restaurant – Inglewood
16. Sandrino Cafe & Pizzeria – Fremantle
17. Trio’s Take Away – Embleton
18. The Prophet Lebanese Cafe – East Victoria Park
19. Embers Woodfired – Gooseberry Hill
20. Govinda’s Hare Krishna Restaurant – Northbridge
21. Pad Thai – Joondanna
Unfortunately, no website or Instagram found – but alas, it’s top-tier for one Perth vegan out there.
Find them at 17B Wanneroo Rd, Joondanna.
22. The Old Laundry Bar & Kitchen – North Perth
There you have it – Perth’s greatest restaurants for a vegan feed, as voted by your fellow Western Australians. These Perth eateries might just be worth putting on your to-visit list. And an honourable mention to the nostalgic comment left by one hangy vegan Perthian, “R.I.P. Noble.”