Some movies have such brilliant musical scores and memorable moments that it’s only fitting they get transferred from screen to stage. Now a flirty, playful and sensual stage production of Dirty Dancing is returning to Australia, complete with pelvic thrusts, some good ol’ 1980s nostalgia, a whole lot of chemistry and THAT lift.
Dirty Dancing in Concert
Chronicling the romance between Frances “Baby” Houseman and dance instructor, Johnny Castle, the film continues to make for perfect feel-good escapism.
Keep your hungry eyes peeled for this huge film-to-concert experience with a live band and singers performing the film’s enduring and iconic songs. The musical will feature numbers like Do You Love Me?, Hungry Eyes and of course, (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life.
Australia tour schedule
Dirty Dancing in Concert will be touring six cities across Australia with the tour commencing in September.
- Melbourne — September 1, Hamer Hall
- Sydney — September 2, Darling Harbour Theatre
- Brisbane — September 22, BCEC
- Adelaide — September 23, Adelaide Entertainment Centre Arena
- Perth — September 24, Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Gold Coast — September 28, The Star Gold Coast, Gold Coast
Tickets are on sale now. Head to their official website to grab yours.